Wednesday: Mid-Week Ramblings—Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Want to trick your whole family into eating a huge plate of vegetables for dinner? I do it every week and my family cannot get enough of my Spaghetti Squash recipe. I feel wonderful serving it to them because it’s about as healthy as it can get and they have fun eating it because it looks just like pasta!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 whole Spaghetti Squash
- 3 Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 Vegetables of Your Choice
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your Spaghetti Squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and season with olive oil, salt and pepper on all sides. Place the squash flesh sides down on cooking tray with foil covering all of the exposed skin. Roast for 45 minutes – 1 hour, (until tender).
- Meanwhile, saute with oil, salt and pepper two of your favorite chopped vegetables. I like to use zucchini and yellow squash but you can use whatever you have on hand!
- When the spaghetti squash is done simply pull your fork through the flesh and it will come out like spaghetti noodles!
- Combine the “noodles”, sauteed vegetables and serve with chopped fresh tomatoes and sprinkles of fresh Parmesan cheese.
Hope your family enjoys this healthy recipe too!
Tags: healthy family recipe