TGIF=Yummy After School Snack
Fridays are the day when you walk home extra fast from school because…didn’t you know? Friday is SPECIAL TREAT DAY for an after school snack. Then you play with friends and get ready for TGIF! Which shows do you wish would come back for a fun Friday night line up? Me? Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step, Boy Meets World and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
Side note: We bought Boy Meets World Season 1 on DVD. A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
Alright, back to the snacks. Friday after school snacks NEED to be something awesome, so these are our two latest favorites:
Fruit Roll Ups
Rice Krispie Mixture (melted butter, marshmallows, rice cereal)
Twizzler cut in half
1. Spray a cutting sheet with Pam. Then roll out the fruit roll up onto it.
2. Spread out the Rice Krispie mixture on the bottom half.
3. Push the Twizzler into the Rice Krispie mixture.
4. Roll it up and slice!
Fruit & PB Nachos
Whole Grain Pita Bread (about 4), cut into slices
1/2-3/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of PB
2 T Honey
Sliced Green Apple
1. Cut up the pita bread into tortilla chip sizes. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cook in oven for 5-7 minutes on 400 degrees.
2. Make the sauce: Over low heat mix milk, pb and honey.
3. Put peanut butter sauce on your “chips.” Add sliced up apple and banana.