Red Currant & Raspberry Sparkling Lemonade
I know. What a title! I meant for it to just be Red Currant & Raspberry Soda but it was missing something so I added some lemon and water and it was perfect. So voila! Red Currant & Raspberry Sparkling Lemonade!
Simple Syrup: 2 cups of water and 2 cups of raw sugar
Raspberry/Red Currant Mixture: 3/4-1 cup red currants (picked off and cleaned), 1-1/2 cup raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar and 3/4 cup water
Sparkling water or soda water
1. Make the simple syrup by boiling the 2 cups of water, adding in the 2 cups of sugar and mixing till dissolved. Set aside.
2. Take currants and raspberries and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Let sit for a bit. Then mix in 3/4 cup water.
3. Get cheesecloth ready over a bowl and then put the mixture on top of the cloth and let sit for about an hour to stain.
4. Mix simple syrup with the strained red currant/raspberry mixture. Add in the juice from 6 lemons.
5. When wanting to make a drink, fill a cup 3/4 full with soda water or sparkling water and then the rest with the mixture.
Makes 8 large drinks