Raising Kids on Real Food–Treats: Funky Monkey Pizza
Kids can have treats too; at least in my book. But I still like to know what is in the food my children eat. I care where the ingredients come from. For this treat, I went to Whole Foods and ground the peanuts. I know where the chocolate chips came from and what they are made with. The bananas, nuts and coconut are raw and fresh. And this dish is still oh so heavenly, gooey and deliciously GOOD.
Funky Monkey Dessert Pizza
Ball of Pizza Dough
1/3 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of chocolate ganache (or I guess chocolate sauce…I guess)
3/4 cup of peanut butter
1/3 cup of cashews
2 ripe bananas, sliced on an angle
1/3 cup of unsweetened coconut
White Chocolate to shave over
1. Preaheat oven to 350.
2. Knead the chocolate chips into the pizza dough and then roll out onto pizza stone. Cook the dough until done (mine takes 10 minutes).
3. Right away, plop the peanut butter on there so it starts to melt and you can spread it around.
4. Then pour on the chocolate ganache and spread out.
5. Top with bananas, cashews and coconut.
6. Shave white chocolate over it right before serving.