Homemade Chocolate Biscotti
Warning: This is basically eating chocolate cake dipped in hot cocoa for breakfast…but really, come on. Who doesn’t want to do that?
Homemade (sort of) Chocolate Biscotti
A while ago Courtney (p.s. Happy Birthday!) asked for cake mix recipes. I don’t know what it is about cake mix recipes that excite us…but they do. I then remembered this recipe for chocolate biscotti from a cake mix that I used to make once in a while. My girls had a ball making this with me. It is an easy recipe BUT since it requires a lot of baking, it is good to do on a day when you will be home a bit.
1 box of dark chocolate fudge or devil’s food cake mix
3/4 cup flour
1 stick butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Combine the cake mix, flour, melted butter and eggs in bowl.
2. Form dough into a 12 inch long log that is about 4 inches wide. Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
3. Let it cool a bit and then cut log into 1 inch thick slices. Carefully transfer biscotti to baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes on 350. Then reduce heat to 200 degrees and bake for 40 minutes or until biscotti are dry.
4. Cool completely and dip one side into melting chocolate. Lay flat on parchment paper until chocolate sets.
Let’s just look at that again….for the fun of it….
5. Dip into your hot cocoa and enjoy the excuse to eat chocolate cake for breakfast!