Healthy Mother’s Day Breakfast by Cameron
Cameron has an odd obsession with bacon and eggs. One night on a special outing with her dad he drove to three different restaurants in search of a place that served bacon and eggs at 8pm. One day she has a quiche and her love of bacon and eggs grew even more. So for her Mother’s Day breakfast she chose to make one. I told her to make it healthy and so she wanted to teach you the trick about vegetable rainbow sprinkles. Stay tuned for what those are…
Mother’s Day Healthy Brunch or Breakfast: Vegetable Rainbow Sprinkle Quiche & Apple Berry Smoothie
Bacon & Cheese Quiche with Veggie Sprinkles
This recipe makes two Quiches
Ingredients (see above):
2 prepared pie crusts
1 can of evaporated milk
4 ounces of parmesan cheese
8 ounces of cheddar cheese
2 peppers (red, yellow, or orange)
1 yellow squash
3 cloves of garlic
1 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
Salt & Pepper
1. To make the veggie sprinkles put all of the vegetables in a strong blender or a food processor and grind till fine. Place a towel or cheese cloth in a bowl and place the ground up vegetables in the cloth. Let sit and also squeeze all the water out.
2. In another bowl combine the eggs, milk, bacon, salt and pepper. Then add in the drained “vegetable rainbow sprinkles” and stir.
3. Pour mixture into the two pie crusts.
4. Cute a piece of foil with a large hole in it, place it over the curst of the Quiche so the pie crust does not burn.
5. Bake on 375 for 45-60 minutes, until the eggs are cooked well.
To get more of a feel for the vegetable sprinkles and to see Cameron pretend to barf while having to touch the vegetables you really should watch the how to video at the end of this post.
Apple Berry Smoothie
1/4 cup of ground flax seeds
1/4 cup of chai seeds
2 red delicious apples
1 package of an assortment of berries
1 large container of coconut water
1 large cup of ice
Just simply blend and enjoy!
Check out her video here: