This week we started using the Yoga Mats and DVD that Santa brought each member of the family for Christmas.
Yoga can be a fantastic family activity, a wonderful thing to do for playtime and can be a good example of the importance of exercise to your children.
The following list of the beneifts of yoga are from White Mountain Yoga, which will be hosting a fabulous giveaway on our site this weekend.
- Build developing strength and natural flexibility to minimize injury
- Improve body awareness and coordination
- Experience the joy of movement free from competition
- Improve breathing safely
- Instill a healthy well-developed self-esteem
- Cultivate mental concentration and attention
- Reduce stress and learn problem-solving skills
- Encourages feeling good as chemistry of the brain is balanced
- Encourage creative expression and imagination
- Enhance body image and self-acceptance