Butternut Squash Is Your Friend
Some of you may know this and the others are scoffing at me but LISTEN! Let me show you how to whip up some fantastic butternut squash recipes!
The next time you need to cook a lasagna, casserole, anything for about an hour at a higher temperature, throw in a butternut squash! Slice down the middle, scoops out the seeds, rub with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, put the skin side down and cook until tender.
Then scoop it out, puree it and freeze in ice cube trays so you can use it throughout the week for butternut squash recipes at every meal!
Butternut Squash Recipe–Breakfast:
Throw about one square of defrosted butternut squash in for two medium-sized pancakes worth and add a sprinkle of cinnamon to balance the flavors.
Butternut Squash Recipe–Lunch:
Butternut Squash Recipe—Dinner:
Promise me you will try at least one of these recipes? Promise!
Here are some tasty facts about butternut squash:
- One cup of squash (cut into cubes, approximately 205 grams) contains 115 calories
- None of those calories come from fat as squash is a fat-free food
- There is no cholesterol in squash and only 8 milligrams of sodium
- The total carbohydrate count is 30 grams with 2 grams of protein
- Squash contains only trace amounts of sugar and 9 grams of dietary fiber
- Squash contains 18% of the daily recommended dose of vitamin A, 37% of vitamin C, 9% of calcium and 11% of iron.
Tags: butternut squash recipes