Biscuit Chicken Pot Pies (No Whine Dinner)
Sometimes I don’t feel like cooking something new or trying something new with the girls. Sometimes I really don’t want to involve them in cooking that much. At these times, I want something easy that won’t create any whining or extra work at dinner time. But at the same time, I want it to be something that still has flavor to it so the husband won’t want to skip out on dinner and cook something else for himself. So if you are looking for an easy, whine free dinner idea….I offer to you…
No Whine Biscuit Chicken Pot Pies
1/2 stick of butter
3 T Olive Oil
Sprig of Thyme
Garlic, 3 cloves minced.
3 Carrots, chopped
1 1/2 cup of fresh peas (yes! fresh makes it so much better)
6 T. Flour
Salt and Pepper
Chopped Chicken (from a full chicken, either a rotisserie or one you cook on your own)
Package of Biscuits (the one pictured above is available at Whole Foods and guys…they are Yum-ie)
3 cups of chicken stock (or 3 1/2)
1/2 to 1 cup of cream (just depends on what you like)
1. Cook the biscuits according to directions.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add olive oil. Then add carrots and onion, cooking until they are a bit soft but still a bit hard. Maybe…5 minutes.
3. Add the thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute more.
4. Then add the flour and stir well. Cook just a bit so the flour is cooked but not burned.
5. Then add the chicken stock and whisk a bit so it thickens. Let simmer for a bit, maybe 4 minutes.
6. Add in the chopped chicken, cream and peas. Let cook for about 3 more minutes.
7. Slice your biscuits and add the mixture in between.
VOILA! ‘Tis quite yummy. I promise.